How to manage object visibility
Visibility specifies whether your object is visible to others or not.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
All objects are private by default, even if they are in a public bucket. A private file in a public bucket cannot be accessed publicly.
- Click Object Storage in the Storage section of the side menu. The list of your buckets displays.
- Click the name of your bucket. A list of your objects displays.
- Click «See more Icon» next to the selected object name.
- Click Visibility. A pop-up appears.
- Check Public or Private according to your preference.
- Click Update object visibility to confirm.
You can only configure the visibility (public or private) of one object at a time. It is not possible to perform this action on an entire bucket, on which visibility is defined by default as private. Allowing public visibility of a bucket only allows the viewing of a list of objects that are stored in the bucket.
If you upload a file using the CLI, you can make it public by using the
--acl public-read parameter.