Jump toUpdate content
How to configure the backup option for webhosting
- You have an account and are logged into the Dedibox Console
- You have created a Webhosting Classic
Because you can never be safe against human failure, a hardware fault, or piracy of your data we offer a secured storage space, accessible by FTP, containing the backups of your webhosting and your databases. The offer includes:
- A daily backup of your website and your databases
- Retention of all of your backups during 3 days
- Retention of a full weekly backup of your site during two months
- More information about this option and its pricing is available on our website
Log into the Dedibox console.
Click Hosting then click Manage next to the webhosting you wish to backup. The Configure hosting page displays.
Click Backup then click Order the backup option to be safe. You are redirected to the Change hosting offer page.
Check the Option Hosting backup box and click Confirm your offer.
Select your payment mode, then check the mandatory boxes.Note:
- We recommend you activate automatic renewal 62 days before the expiration date by checking the corresponding box.
Click Confirm my order to subscribe to the backup option.Note:
- Your backup will be setup within the hour of your order.
- Your backup option is set up
- Log into the Dedibox console.
- Click Hosting then click Manage next to your webhosting.
- Click Backup to find the data required to configure your backup. A page displays with your identifier and password to access your backup with an FTP client.
- Launch FileZilla on your computer and enter your credentials to connect to the backup.
- The backups are placed in the root directory and are named by the date of their creation. SQL backups can be found in the sub directory
- There is no standardized format for the export of mails. Therefore we offer a second dedicated webmail for the access of your mails.
Log into the webmail using your email address and usual password.
You can access your current mailbox and your backups.
Click and drag the backup folders to your current mailbox to restore your old emails.