Jump toUpdate content
How to create subdomains
Subdomains are an additional part to extend your main domain name. Mostly they are created to organize and navigate to different sections of your website. For example, you can host your main website at
www.example.com and your blog at
- You have an account and are logged into the Dedibox Console
- You have created a Webhosting Classic
- From your Dedibox console, click Hosting. A list of your webhosting accounts displays.
- Click Manage next to the hosting you want to configure. The webhosting overview page displays.
- Click Subdomains in the side menu. The list of your subdomains displays.
- Click Add subdomain. A pop-up displays.
- Enter the name of your subdomain and click Add subdomain. The new subdomain will appear in the list of your subdomains.
- Connect to your webhosting using your FTP account. A listing of your remote files and folders displays in the right part of the FTP client:
- Double click on the folder named like your subdomain to enter it. Then upload your files into this directory.
The directory where you usually upload your files on the server is
www. To upload your files into the folder for your subdomain, you have to choose the one named after it.
It is also possible to create subdomains directly using your FTP client, without needing to create them via the Dedibox console.
- Log into your webhosting using an FTP client. Your remote files are listed in the right part of the FTP client.
- Create a new folder in the document root of your hosting, named after your subdomain:
- Enter the newly created directory and upload your files into it:
You now can access the files located in this directory as subdomain of your webhosting.