How to create a Mac mini M1
This page shows how to create your first Mac mini M1 with the Scaleway console.
Due to license constraints, the minimum lease for Apple silicon M1 as-a-Service is 24 hours. As a result, a Mac mini M1 can only be deleted after 24 hours have passed from when you initiated the lease.
Click Apple silicon in the Compute section of the side menu. The Apple silicon M1 as-a-Service creation page displays.Note:
If you have existing Mac mini M1s in your account, you will see a list of these instead of the creation page, alone with the «Plus Icon» button for creating a new Mac mini M1.
Click Create a Mac mini M1. The Mac mini M1 creation wizard displays.
Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Choose an Availability Zone, which is the geographical region where your Mac mini M1 will be deployed.
- Choose the macOS version you want to run on the Mac mini M1.
- Select the hardware configuration for your Mac mini M1.
- Enter a Name for your Mac mini M1, or leave the randomly-generated name in place.
- Verify the Estimated Cost for your Mac mini M1, based on the specifications you chose.
Click Create a Mac mini M1 to finish. The installation of your Apple silicon M1 as-a-Service is launched, and you are informed when it is ready.
Mac mini, macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used by Apple under license. Scaleway is not affiliated with Apple Inc.