How to create an Elastic Metal server
Scaleway Elastic Metal servers allow you to order dedicated servers on-demand, like cloud Instances. Elastic Metal servers can be used for large workloads, big data and applications that require increased security and dedicated resources.
Click Elastic Metal in the Compute section of the Scaleway Console side menu. The Elastic Metal creation page displays.
Click Create an Elastic Metal server. The server creation wizard displays.
Complete the following steps of the wizard:
- Choose an Availability Zone, which is the geographical region where your Elastic Metal server will be deployed.
- Select a server from the hourly-billed or monthly-billed ranges.
- Choose an image to run on your server. This can be an OS of your choice, or you can order the server without a preinstalled image.
- Enter a name and, optionally, tags, to identify your server.
- Add your SSH key (necessary only if you are installing an image on your server).
- Choose whether to enable the Private Networks feature.
- Verify the estimated cost of your server, based on the specifications you chose.
Click Create an Elastic Metal server to order the server.
You can follow the delivery progress from the list of Elastic Metal servers.