How to reinstall an Elastic Metal server
An Elastic Metal server can be reinstalled at any time from the Scaleway Console. This can be useful when you want to run a different image on the machine or if you want to have a fresh installation.
Be careful when using this feature. Reinstalling your server erases the disk and all data on the disk will be lost. Make sure to have a backup before reinstalling your server.
- Click Elastic Metal in the Compute section of the Scaleway Console side menu. The Elastic Metal dashboard displays.
- Click «See more Icon» next to the server you want to reinstall. A drop-down menu displays.
- Click Reinstall in the menu to enter the installation wizard.
- Choose the operating system that you want to install on the machine.
- Add your SSH key. If you have already uploaded a key, it displays in the list of keys. Choose the keys to grant access to the server by ticking or unticking the corresponding checkbox.
- Click Reinstall server to launch the installation. It will take about 10 minutes to complete.