Jump toUpdate content
How to use the Dedibackup FTP backup space
The Dedibackup storage is a remote storage solution available for all Dedibox dedicated servers.
Two options are available;
- A storage capacity of 100 GB (included in the offer, without additional costs)
- A storage capacity of 750 GB (as option)
The storage system is backed by our Object Storage solution in the PAR-1 region.
Each offer allows you to store up to 1000 files on your Dedibackup volume. We recommend using archives (tarballs/zip) for your backups.
- Access your Dedibox console
- Click Server in the menu on the top of the page, then click Server list. A list of your Dedibox servers displays.
- Click Manage next to the server you want to configure. The server overview displays.
- Click Backup in the side-menu. The backup management page displays.
- Click Order a backup space. The backup options display.
- Choose the offer of your Dedibackup and click Order. A summary of your order displays.
- Validate the terms and conditions and confirm your order by clicking Confirm my order.
You can access your backup space after its activation using the FTP protocol.
|Name of the server||dedibackup.online.net|
|Login||sd-serverid (ex. sd-1234)|
|Password||the password you set during activation|
You are not limited in number of simultaneous connections. The use of FTPFS is not allowed
You cannot upload from an IP outside the Dedibox network.
The following FTP commands are allowed:
ABOR, ACCT, APPE, CDUP, CWD, DELE, FEAT, LIST, MDTM, MKD, MODE, NLIST, NOOP, PASS, PASV, PORT, PWD, QUIT, RETR (only with argument), REST, RNFR, RNTO, RMD, SITE, SIZE, SMNT, STAT, STOR, SYST, TYPE, USER, XCUP, XCWD, XMKD, XPWD, XRMD.
- Autologin: If you activate this function, you can log into your account without a password (automatic authentication based on your IP address and MAC address). With this feature, you can avoid transmitting your login information unencrypted over the network. Once this feature has been activated in your account, use the username
autoand an empty password to connect.
All connection attempts (successful or unsuccessful) are stored in your Dedibox management console in real time.
- 500 Not accepted: Problem while establishing the DATA connection. Verify your firewall configuration and try to use passive mode.
- 502 Command not implemented: The used command is not implemented on our servers. This causes deconnection from the server.
- 500 Service Dedibackup temporary unavailable, try again later: The backup system is currently not available or in locked for maintenance.
- 500 Impossible to get the IP, try again later: Contact the support. An internal verification routine of your account has blocked your account.
- 500 Your account is currently in maintenance, try again later: Your account is in maintenance. It is recommend to retry to connect after 15 minutes.
- 500 Communication error, try again later: Internal malfunction, contact the technical assistance if the problem persists.
- 500 Communication error at the identification, try again later: Internal malfunction with the authentication server, contact the technical assistance if the problem persists.
- 421 Configuration problem, try again later: The configuration of your account is incorrect. Verify the configuration of your account in the management panel, contact the technical assistance if the problem persists.
- 553 Upload forbidden from an IP address external of the Dedibox network: The usage of the STOR command is not allowed from outside of the Dedibox network.
- Too many files: […] won’t be saved, make tarballes.: The limit of 1000 files on your Dedibackup account was bypassed. It will not be possible to add more files, you have to delete some old files before uploading new ones.
In case of a failure during authentication (wrong identifier and/or password), connection failure of the access control list (ACL) or failure of the automatic login from an unauthorized IP, the connection will be systematically terminated with the message 421 Service not available