Jump toUpdate content
Deploying WordPress with a click
This page shows you how to spawn a WordPress application in seconds.
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
The WordPress InstantApp comes with the following packages:
The underlying operating system used is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa), so the package versions are those available on this distribution.
WordPress is a popular, free and open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL.
Working with the WordPress application will significantly save you time and effort as WordPress is installed and configured.
The Wordpress image comes with a new
auto-install functionality which allows you to create a Wordpress Instance using a few well-defined tags.
Tags allow you to provide basic information needed to have a fully working Wordpress Instance.
To trigger the auto-install functionality, two mandatory tags are required for full automation:
Optional tags such as
language can also be used to add more customization to the Weblog.
The value for the
language tag must adhere to the list of Wordpress locale codes
A random password will be generated and will be accessible when you log into your Instance with your SSH key.
When defining the
weblog_title tag on the console, it is not possible to have spaces in the title of the weblog. This is only feasible when using the CLI. Refer to our tutorial on creating a Wordpress Instance using the Scaleway CLI to create an Instance with the Scaleway CLI.
- Click the “Create a Server” button in the Instances section of the Scaleway Console.
- On the server-creation page where you can choose the WordPress image in the InstantApps tab for your Cloud Instance:
- Choose the server type and click the Create a Server button. This action starts your server.
To avoid spam, remote mail ports cannot be reached from our infrastructure by default. As WordPress requires to send mail, we need to open them. Your account needs to be validated to perform this operation. To get your account reviewed, please contact our assistance.
- Click the Security Groups tab to enter the security-groups page.
- Click the Create a new security group button and input the security group name and description.
- Check the Enable SMTP box to unblock the mail ports.
- Go back to your servers details end select the security group previously created.
The new security group configuration will be applied automatically on Instances.
When your server is running, you can see the server’s IP address in the server list on the control panel. Copy this IP address and paste it in your favourite browser.
On the page you land, fill-in the WordPress information and click the “Install WordPress” button.
The installation takes few seconds.
- On the login page, input the username and password you set previously and click the “Log In” button
- You are now connected to your blog and can start using it!