How to install an Elastic Metal server from the Scaleway Console
Scaleway Elastic Metal allows you to order dedicated servers on-demand, like cloud Instances. Elastic Metal servers can be used for large workloads, big data and applications that require increased security and dedicated resources.
If you ordered your server without a pre-installed operating system, you can proceed with the installation of an OS once the Elastic Metal server has been delivered to your account.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You have configured your SSH key
- You have created an Elastic Metal server
This procedure is not necessary if you pre-installed an OS on your Elastic Metal server during its creation.
- Click Elastic Metal in the Compute section of the Scaleway Console side menu. The Elastic Metal dashboard displays.
- Click Install next to the server you want to install. The server installation wizard displays.
- Choose the operating system that you want to install on the machine.
- Add your SSH key. If you have already uploaded a key, it displays in the list of keys. Choose the keys to grant access to the server by ticking or unticking the corresponding checkbox.
- Click Install server to launch the installation of the server.
The installation of the OS can take up to one hour. You will be able to access the machine once it is fully installed.
To see more details about your server, click its name in the Elastic Metals list. You will see detailed information about the machine, including its IP address, labels, description.