How to create a Mac mini
This page shows how to create your first Mac mini with the Scaleway console.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
Due to license constraints, the minimum lease for Apple silicon is 24 hours. As a result, the earliest you can delete a Mac mini is 24 hours after the start of its lease.
- Click Apple silicon in the Bare Metal section of the side menu. The Apple silicon splash page displays.
Should your account already contain Mac minis, a list of these will be displayed rather than the Apple silicon splash page. Alongside, you will see the («Plus Icon») icon, which you can click on to create a new Mac mini, if desired.
- Click Create Mac mini. The Mac mini creation wizard displays.
- Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Choose an Availability Zone, which is the geographical region where your Mac mini will be deployed.
- Select the hardware configuration for your Mac mini.
- Enter a Name for your Mac mini, or leave the randomly-generated name in place.
- Verify the Estimated cost for your Mac mini based on your chosen specifications.
- Click Create Mac mini to finish. The installation of your Apple silicon is launched, and you are informed when it is ready.
Mac mini, macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used by Apple under license. Scaleway is not affiliated with Apple Inc.