HomeWebhostingClassic HostingHow to
Check the emails
Jump toUpdate content
How to check your emails
Published on 26 May 2021
- You have an account and are logged into the Dedibox Console
- You have created a Webhosting Classic
- You have configured an email account
How to configure your email account
- If you are using different devices for accessing your emails (computer, mobile phone, tablet, …) we recommend you use the IMAP protocol.
The POP3 protocol allows the download of your emails and is therefore recommended for the use on a single device.
The authenticated SMTP service has some limitations for security reasons:
- No more than 5 simultaneous SMTP connections
- No more than 60 mails / hour / per recipient / per SMTP account
- No more than 500 mails / day / per recipient / domain
- The maximum size of an email is 20 MB (Attachment included)
- You should instead use another service using FTP or HTTP to transfer larger files - for example: Free Transfert
How to check your emails using a webmail interface
Go to the Scaleway webmail interface.
Log in by entering the following information:
- The Login which corresponds to your complete email address (email@example.com for example).
- The Password which is related to your email account.
- If you do not know your password, you can recover it from the Dedibox Console
- Log into the Dedibox Console
- Click Hosting > Manage > E-mail accounts. A list of your email addresses displays.
- Click the cogwheel next to your email address and click Update password to change it.
- If you use a messaging client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc) on your computer, configured to use POP, it is normal that you can only see the newly arrived mails, as POP downloads mail onto your computer.
- If you want to check your emails using the webmail, you should configure your client to use IMAP.