Homeidentity and access managementiamhow to
invite user to orga
How to invite another user to an Organization
Reviewed on 12 December 2022 • Published on 20 June 2022
When you create a Scaleway account, you are the Owner of your Organization. You can invite other people to join your Organization: they will create their own Scaleway account (if they do not already have one) and then become IAM users of your Organization.
You can define the rights and permissions you want guests to have in your Organization via policies.
You can invite people to be IAM users of an Organization in which you are not the Owner, if you have sufficient permissions (via policies) to do so. See our documentation on permission sets for more information.
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You are the Owner of your Organization, or an IAM user in an Organization where you have the relevant permission set(s).
- Click Identity and Access Management (IAM) from the top-right of your Organization Dashboard in the Scaleway console. The Users tab of the Identity and Access Management dashboard displays.
- Click the «Plus Icon» button to add a user. The following screen displays:
- Enter the email address of the person you want to invite. If you want to invite more than one user, enter multiple email addresses separated by commas. Optionally, you can also select a group to add the user to.
- Click Invite to send the invitation.
The user receives an email inviting them to accept your invitation. If they do not already have a Scaleway account, they will be prompted to create one first.
- The user appears in the list of your Organization’s users once they have accepted the invitation: