How to create an image from a snapshot
Published on 05 August 2021
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Elements Console
- You have created an Instance
- You have created at least one snapshot
- Log into your Scaleway Console account.
- Click Instances in the side menu. The Instances page displays.
- Click the Images dashboard. A list of your images displays.
- Hover over the «Plus Icon» button to Create image. The overview page displays.
- Click the Availability Zone in which you want your image to be created.
- Enter a name for your image
Your image’s name can only contain alphanumeric characters and dashes.
- Select the snapshot from which you want to create your image in the drop-down box.
- Click Create image to create your image.
You can also create an image from the Snapshots dashboard by clicking «See more Icon» next to the snapshot from which you want to create an image. Click Image from snapshot. A new tab opens : enter a name for your image. Then click Create image from snapshot.