HomeDedibox ServersHardwareHow to
Configure the DELL PERC H310 RAID controller from the KVM
How to configure the DELL PERC H310 / H710 / H730 RAID controller from the KVM
Published on 16 July 2021
The personalized RAID configuration allows you to create a RAID mode that cannot be created via the management console of Online.net (RAID10 for example).
- You have an account and are logged into the Dedibox Console
- You have a Dedibox dedicated server
- Your Dedibox server has a DELL PERC H310 / H710 / H730 RAID controller
- Click Server > Server list to display the list of your servers. Click the identifier of the server you want to configure. The server information page displays.
- Click IDRAC in the menu on the right and validate the terms. Then enter your connection’s IP-address and click CREATE.Your iDRAC session credentials display. Login to iDRAC using the credentials shown.
- The iDRAC dashboard displays. Click Launch in the Virtual Console Preview section to launch the Java based KVM-over-IP applet. Once the server’s screen output is visible in the KVM applet, reboot the machine.
Set your Java security settings to low to avoid connection problems.
- Press CTRL + C during the boot process to enter the RAID configuration utility:
- The RAID configuration tool main interface displays. Select the virtual disk to delete:
- Press F2, then select Delete VD and press enter to delete the virtual disk:
- Create a new virtual disk by selecting No configuration Present. The following screen displays, allowing you to configure a new virtual disk:
- Return to the main menu and select the virtual disk. Then press F2, select Fast Init. and press enter to initalize the virtual disk:
- Press OK once the initialization completed on the virtual drive. Then press Strg + ALT + CTRL to reboot the machine: