How to manage a domain's DNS servers
A DNS server is a program that responds to requests for DNS zones configured by the administrator. DNS servers typically operate in pairs, each pair consisting of a primary and secondary server.
Scaleway Dedibox’s DNS servers are as follows:
- Primary server: ns0.online.net (
- Secondary server: ns1.online.net (
- You have an account and are logged into the Dedibox console
- You own a domain name
- Go to http://who.is.
- Enter your domain name in the format yourdomain.ext (no www).
- In the results, look at the Registrar Info and Name Servers.
If you ordered your domain name with Scaleway, your domain automatically configures to our DNS servers. No further action is required by you.
You can still use your Dedibox web hosting, and simply ask your registrar to make some changes to your domain’s DNS zones.
For a WEB offer
For the website (depending on your choice):
"A"-Record: 18.104.22.168"A"-Record: 22.214.171.124
"MX"-Record, Priority "10": mx.online.net"MX"-Record, Priority "20": mx-cache.online.net
For a CLOUD offer
Open a support ticket to ask for the required information.
Changing your DNS servers or zones is a function only for experts.
We do not provide any support for web hosting and domain names bought at Scaleway if the DNS servers are modified by the user.
- From the Dedibox console, click Domain. A list of your domains displays.
- Click Configure domain name next to the relevant domain.
- Click the Manage DNS servers tab.
- Modify the DNS servers to your requirements.
The DNS zone must be configured on the new server before the change in the console. If you have an error such as “SOA not found”, we invite you to check this with your provider.