Using Scaleway IPFS Pinning with IPFS Desktop
This article shows you how to add Scaleway as your remote pinning service using IPFS Desktop.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- Click IPFS Pinning in the Labs section of the Scaleway console side menu. The IPFS Pinning section displays.
- Click the «More infos Icon» icon next to your desired volume. The Pins section displays.
- Click the Settings tab next to Pins. The Settings section displays.
- Retrieve the ID of your volume. You will need it for the next procedure.
This operation allows you to add Scaleway as a remote service in your IPFS desktop.
- Open IPFS Desktop.
- Click Settings on the sidebar menu. The settings panel displays.
- Click the Add Service button on the Pinning services section of the panel. A pop-up displays asking you to select a pinning service provider.
- Click Add a custom one to add Scaleway as a remote pinning service. A configuration form displays.
- Fill in the different fields by replacing the parameters in brackets with the relevant information:
- API endpoint:
- Secret access token:
|The region you selected when creating your volume. IPFS Pinning is available in the Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw regions, possible values are thus |
|The ID of your volume in which you want to pin your content|
|The secret part of your Scaleway API key.|
Scaleway should now appear in the list of remote pinning services.
IPFS supports any kind of file types, allowing users to store and share diverse content such as text, images, audio, videos or any other file type. You can also import entire directories, making IPFS a versatile tool for decentralized data storage and sharing.
- Click Files on the sidebar menu. The files panel displays.
- Click the Import button in the top right corner of your screen. A pop-up displays with various importation options.
- Import the content of your choice. Your content appears in your list of files.
- Click Files on the sidebar menu. The files panel displays a list of your content.
- Click the
...button next to the content of your choice. A pop-up with various options displays.
Set pinning. A pop-up appears asking you to select where you would like to pin your content.
Scalewayto select us as your remote pinning service.
- Click Apply to confirm your choice.
Your content has been transferred to Scaleway’s storage and is now visible in your console. You can refer to our documentation to find out how to retrieve your content using the Scaleway console.