How to create a functions namespace
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
Click Functions in the Serverless section of the side menu. The functions page displays.
Click Create a namespace. The functions namespace creation wizard displays.
Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Enter a name and optionally a description for your namespace. The first character of your namespace must be a letter. It can only contain letters, numbers, and dashes. No other special characters are permitted. The namespace is case-sensitive and cannot be edited after its creation.
- Choose a region, which is the geographical location in which your namespace will be deployed.
- Enter any environment variables required for your namespace. Environment variables configured in a namespace will be available in all functions/apps within the same namespace. For each environment variable, click +Add and enter the key/value pair.
- Set secret environment variables (optional). Secrets are environment variables which are injected into your function and stored securely, but not displayed in the console after initial validation. Add a key and a value.
- Verify the estimated cost.
Click Create a namespace to finish.
Your namespace is now created and you are taken to its Functions tab.