How to create a functions namespace
This page shows you how to create your a functions namespace using the Scaleway console.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
Click Functions in the Serverless section of the side menu. The functions page displays.
Click + Create namespace. If you have no existing Serverless Functions resources in your current Project, click Create a function. The functions namespace creation wizard displays.
Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Enter a name or use the automatically generated one. The name can only contain lowercase alphanumeric characters and dashes.
- Enter a description (optional).
- Choose a region, which is the geographical location in which your namespace will be deployed.
- Define any environment variables you want to inject into your function. For each environment variable, click + Add variable and enter the key/value pair.
- Set your secret environment variables (optional). Secrets are environment variables which are injected into your function and stored securely, but not displayed in the console after initial validation. Add a key and a value.
Click Create namespace only to finish, or click Create namespace and add a function if you want to create a function next.