How to create a Containers namespace
This page shows you how to create your first Serverless Containers namespace. Namespaces allow you to group your containers and share environment variables between them.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- Click Containers in the Serverless section of the side menu. The list of your containers displays.
- Click Create namespace. The containers namespace creation wizard displays.
- Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Enter a name and optionally a description for your namespace. The name must only contain alphanumeric characters and dashes.
- Choose a region, which is the geographical location in which your namespace will be deployed.
- Enter any environment variables required for your namespace. Environment variables configured in a namespace will be available in all containers/apps within the same namespace. For each environment variable, click +Add new variable and enter the key / value pair.
- Set secret environment variables (optional). Secrets are environment variables which are injected into your container and stored securely, but not displayed in the console after initial validation. Add a key and a value.
- Verify the estimated cost.
- Click Create namespace to finish.
Your namespace is now created, and you are taken to its Containers tab.